The Turtle Mountain – Souris Plains Heritage Association (TM-SPHA) strives to take a regional approach to heritage by involving a collection of Towns, Rural Municipalities, Métis Locals and concerned citizens. We work cooperatively to protect heritage sites, collect and share stories, attract visitors and promote creative and partnered economic development. We are working towards having this culturally and environmentally diverse region broadly recognized for its dynamic history, marvellous beauty and spirited cooperation.
Our area of activity is southwest Manitoba, though we concentrate our energies on the rural municipalities and towns which lend us their support. We continue to look at expanding our area of interest by creating new partnerships.
Our area of activity is indicated by the shaded region on the map. The Turtle Mountain and Souris River feature very prominently in this region.
Presently, the TM-SPHA is receiving support and partnership from the following:
- Turtle Mountain Métis Local
- Manitoba Métis Federation, Southwest Region
- Municipality of Deloraine – Winchester
- Municipality of Brenda – Waskada
- Municipality of Two Borders
- Municipality of Grassland
- Municipality of Boissevain – Morton
- Town of Melita
- Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain